By Mike WellsESPN Staff Writer
INDIANAPOLIS -- Wide receiver is a position of need for the Indianapolis Colts that hasn’t received a lot of attention so far this offseason. That’s because more attention has been paid to pass-rusher, offensive line and running back.
Kirk Cousins. Jimmy Graham. Andrew Norwell. This class could get wild. Here's everything to know heading into free agency, which begins March 14.
• Latest news, players to watch »
• Ranking top 100 NFL free agents »
• Teams that used the franchise tag »
• Barnwell: AFC moves | NFC moves »
• Making biggest decisions for all 32 »
• Destination Cousins: Landing spots »
• 2018 QB carousel: Test for yourself »
But receiver is just as important as those positions. Donte Moncrief and Kamar Aiken, two disappointments in 2017, likely won’t be back next season. That leaves T.Y. Hilton and Chester Rogers as the only two receivers under contract who caught a pass last season.
“It’ll be a position where we’ll be looking,” general manager Chris Ballard said during the NFL's scouting combine last week.
The Colts likely will use at least one of their current seven picks in the draft to select a receiver. But don’t be surprised if they also look to use some of their projected $72 million in cap space to sign a...